Construction Industries are specifically mentioned.
Doctor Structure is in (or shall we say under) the house. #housecalls #thirdfloor
Initial preparations in Harrison NY. Scope: Shore floor framing in new solid footings. Reinforce original wooden girders at basement and 1st level floor then shore second level. Remove cracked beam and replace with new locally sourced white oak timber with inserted steel reinforcement.
Lest there be any confusion, Doctor Structure does make house calls.
April 2017: Pepper Pond Deck House (1968) restoration in progress, Sherman CT. Design by Barbara Eyler, Benjamin Fiering, Eli Weiner. A Third Floor Project #Thirdfloor #DeckHouse
photo by Ben Fiering
Work at Third Floor Corporation.
All positions are paid. We expect commitment, dedication to craft, and hard work in return. Compensation based upon experience, skill, craft development and educational level.
We are always interested in the work of talented artisans, subcontractors in the mechanical trades and hard working intelligent ambitious people of any background.
We have an apprenticeship program for college graduates. We also provide job training opportunities for high school graduated or GED complete youth in Peekskill and Newburgh, NY . Please email a complete resume attached in Microsoft Word format with a succinct cover letter and educational background information to Doctorstructure@thirdfloorconstruction.com
Please include a clear subject line in your email with these inquiries in order to evade our spam filter. Be forewarned our filter is set to weed out the vague, the indecisive, the disingenuous, catch phrases, truisms, business-school double-speak, stereotypes, bigotry, idle chatter, and, as well– of course– malicious software.
Below is a sample of our long running Craigslist employment advertisements
- Resume’s in Microsoft Word Format only. Include work and educational background
- Reply by email only.
- Full time year round work
- Must have working cell phone, valid driver’s license and own transportation to work in Westchester, Putnam, and Fairfield Counties.
- Must have tools for higher paid positions.
- Must be in good physical condition for work in construction environment.
- Must be able to read construction documents.
- Must be capable of executing tasks without supervision
- Some professional experience and education in the craft required.
- High school diploma required.
- Legal residency required.
- College education preferred.
- Strong math and technical skills a must.
Apprentice to Master Builder (Peekskill, NY)
Paid Intern/Apprentice to master builder for custom residential construction.
- Excellent opportunity to learn the building trades as a direct assistant to experienced General Contractor.
- Flexible hours. Excellent opportunity for Architecture, Engineering or Project Management graduate
- Must have working cell phone, valid driver’s license and own transportation to work in Rockland, Putnam, Westchester and Fairfield Counties.
- Must be in good physical condition for work in construction environment. Outdoors in all weather conditions. Occasional long hours. Direct participation in physically demanding construction work in a job site environment is required.
- High school diploma or GED required. Legal residency required. College education preferred. Strong math and technical skills a must.
- Detail oriented person must be willing to document site conditions and work activities. Must be able to follow very detailed and specific instructions and to communicate those instructions clearly to others.
Equal opportunity. Female apprentices welcome.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Please respect our time. No telephone or text inquiries without prior written (email) contact including a letter of introduction and resume.
Louis guarded our shop for nearly 12 years.
Water colored egg by Cecelia Fiering
Photo by Ben Fiering
This is an old project A steel and white oak deck and stair. The stair has extensions for flower pots. It was built in a small Greenwich village yard circa 1997. It is accidentally decorated by the fall of cherry petals.
Doctor Structure is a subsidiary of Third Floor Corporation.
Founded by master builder Benjamin Fiering our goal is to serve a specific need. We provide expert repairs and modifications to residential properties.
We are based in Northern Westchester County of New York but will travel depending upon the scale of the project.
Contact Doctor Structure or Third Floor Corporation at 914-263-6148
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Readers are welcome to post questions or problems on this site. We will do our best to provide insight as to how best to approach your structural problem or a structural modification to your home, business or project.